What Is A Cryptocurrency wallet?
A cryptocurrency wallet is a software application that stores private and public keys and interacts with different blockchains to allow users to send and receive digital currencies while also monitoring their balance.
A cryptocurrency wallet works by creating and using a theoretical or random number, the length of which is determined by the algorithm size of the cryptocurrency’s technology requirements. The number is then turned to a private key using the cryptocurrency cryptography algorithm’s unique requirements. The private key is then used to produce a public key using whichever cryptographic procedure that is required. The owner’s private key which is used to access and send cryptocurrency is kept private, whereas the public key is can be shared to anyone to receive cryptocurrency.
15 Best Multi Cryptocurrency Wallet
1. Ledger Nano S
Ledger Nano S is the most secure way to store your cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency investors will have peace of mind knowing that their assets are safe offline, and that they can readily access their crypto and monitor their accounts while using a phone or computer.
Ledger Nano S is a hardware cryptocurrency wallet that provides high-level security, through a secure chip and a unique operating system, It allows investors access to their private keys and is backed by the industry’s most known brand.
- An affordable cold wallet
- The private keys never leave the device
- More than 1,100 currencies and tokens are supported.
- Limited storage space for crypto apps
- Display is small and isn’t a touchscreen
- Other wallets are more mobile friendly.
2. Trust Wallet
Trust Wallet is the official crypto wallet of Binance. The Trust Wallet mobile app allows you to send, receive, and store Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and digital assets in a secure way.
The wallet supports over 160k assets and 40 blockchains. Trust wallet previously only supported Ethereum ERC20 and ERC223 tokens, but it now supports Bitcoin, XRP, Monero, Binance Coin, Stellar Lumens, Zcash, Dogecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Litecoin, and many more cryptocurrencies.
Trust Wallet is a simple and safe multi-crypto wallet that includes Dap interactions, a Web3 browser, Dapp Browser, and an in-built exchange, among other features. Binance, the leading cryptocurrency exchange, has designated it as the industry’s most secure crypto wallet and has made it its native wallet.
- Safe and secure
- User friendly
- Supports a wide array of coins
- Supports plenty of features: Dapps, Web3 browser, in-built exchange
- Binance native wallet
- No 2-factor authentication
3. SafePal App
SafePal enables crypto investors and traders with efficient and highly secure hardware and software wallets. These wallets are integrated into the SafePal App, which is a one-stop solution for storing, managing, and trading crypto assets. Safepal is securely integrated with Binance DEX, allowing you to trade or swap cryptocurrencies without having to do KYC. Safepal is an excellent pick for a crypto mobile app just because of this functionality.
- A self-destruct mechanism to prevent a malware attack.
- Very cost-effective. It is priced at only $39.99.
- Some popular cryptocurrencies like, Litecoin, Monero, TRON, and EOS, are currently not supported.
Trezor hardware wallet provides a safe environment for storing not only Bitcoin but a wide range of other digital currencies (altcoins) and tokens.
You can secure access to your data with Trezor’s secure admin SSH login. Access to your data and servers is protected with the admin SSH login.
Trezor wallets include open-source architecture, allowing you to have total decentralization and control over your digital assets, you can even personalize your wallet to suit your personal needs.
- Top-notch security
- It accepts a wide range of cryptocurrencies (over 1,600)
- Regular firmware updates
- Backup and recovery
- To some users, it appear to be costly.
- Not that Beginner-Friendly
Exodus is a non-custodial wallet with a lot of features and it gives you a lot of control over your crypto assets. It does not handle or take custody of your wallet directly, but it gives you complete control over it. It supports over 150+ coins.
- It is easy to swap one cryptocurrency with another and keep track of daily profits or losses on Exodus.
- Supports Multiple Cryptocurrencies: Over 150+
- Exodus is user-friendly wallet and easy to use
- Automatically Adjustable Fees
- Can be easily hacked by keyloggers or malware.
- Lacks important security support features like multi-signature support or two-factor authentication.
- It does not support crypto-to-fiat transactions.
Guarda is a cryptocurrency wallet that stores your coins and tokens. It uses an open-source protocol to make it super easy for you while still giving more security than other online platforms because the control of private keys remains with it’s users, which means no one else can access them. Guarda also offers 24/7 customer support so if you ever need any help before or while using the platform.
- Easy to use
- Live customer support
- High number of supported cryptocurrencies
- Integrated with hardware wallets like Ledger Nano S
- Referral program
- Relatively high fees
- Lack of 2FA security authentication
7. Atomic Wallet
Atomic Wallet is a decentralized non-custodial wallet. It means you have complete control over your funds because you hold your backup phrase and private keys. Your 12-word seed phrase and private keys are encrypted and kept locally on your device. Also, your funds are not held in the wallet itself, but rather on the blockchain. Atomic Wallet connects to blockchain nodes directly and displays information about your balances, transaction history, and everything else you see in the wallet.
- Atomic Wallet is straightforward with an interface that is simple to navigate.
- Private keys are encrypted and kept on the user’s device.
- High Security
- It does not render hardware wallet support.
- The wallet’s code is not open-source
Edge is an Android and iOS wallet that is only available on mobile devices. Users can use the application to purchase, sell, and exchange of cryptocurrencies.
It is designed to be simple to use with a user-friendly interface. The wallet is ideal for both beginners and experienced traders.
- Highly secure
- Intuitive User Interface
- Multi-Purpose Wallet
- OS Compatibility – Available for iOS and Android.
- Earn Interest on Cryptocurrencies
- No fiat currency supported.
- Can be access only via the mobile applications – no web access.
TokenPocket is a multi-chain wallet with multiple coin support. You can store, send and receive your Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), EOS, TRON (TRX), IOST, Cosmos and Binance (BNB). You can interact with Decentralized Applications (DApps), trade ERC20 tokens, BTC, and EOS in decentralized exchanges (DEX), and play blockchain games directly inside the wallet using its Web3 browser.
TokenPocket supports the leading blockchains such as Ethereum, EOS, Polkadot, TRON, BSC, HECO, IOST, Cosmos, Binance, BOS, MOAC and Jingtum.
- Open Source
- Hierarchical Deterministic
- 2 Factor Authentication
- Poor customer support
10. Infinito Wallet
Infinito Wallet is a multi-asset wallet with a built-in exchange. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, EOS, Cosmos, Tron, Binance, USDT-Omni, DASH, Ethereum Classic, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, NEO, Doge, Ontology, Tomochain, and 2000+ tokens such as INFT, ERC-20, NEO NEP-5 & NEO Global Asset, EOS tokens, BEP2, TRC10, and TRC20 are all supported currencies.
- Available in 8 languages and over 190 countries
- Supports over 2000 coins and tokens
- Earn Interest on Cryptocurrencies
- Not regulated
- Slow loading times for wallet balance and price charts
Coinomi is a multi-chain wallet with native support and true ownership for more than 125 blockchains and thousands of tokens for both mobile and desktop.
Coinomi supports SegWit and has 168 fiat currency representations that can be readable in 25 languages. All supported assets can be instantaneously traded using built-in exchanges from within the app.
Coinomi, which was founded in 2014 and has millions of active users, is the oldest multi-chain wallet accessible. In addition, no Coinomi wallet has ever been hacked or otherwise compromised.
- Easy to use
- 24/7/365 Live Customer Support
- Multi-seed support
- Wallet interoperability
- Multilingual & hyperlocal
- Streamlined & user friendly
- Buy crypto with card
- Coinomi Is Not Open Source
Freewallet is a multicurrency custodial wallet that can be accessible on mobile and web platforms. It offers secure cold storage and supports over 500 cryptocurrency assets, as well as various independent wallets for the most popular digital currencies.
- Built-in exchange for 100+ different cryptocurrencies
- Multi signature confirmation for each transaction
- Coins are held in a cold storage
- Interface translated into 13 languages
- 2FA, pin-code and Fingerprint support
- Free transfers between Freewallet users.
- Top up mobile phone from your wallet.
- Not considered a “regulated wallet”
StormGain provides a competitive all-in-one service that includes cryptocurrency exchange, margin trading, and multi-currency wallets. StormGain accounts can be protected by enabling two-factor authentication through SMS or Google Authenticator. Cold wallets are also used by the broker to keep cryptocurrencies safe and secure.
- Guaranteed Privacy
- Secure Storage
- Fast Withdrawals
- Buy Crypto With Ease
- Exchange Instantly
- Unregulated in most countries.
- Limited tools
Binance is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges currently operating, based on trading volume. Individuals and organizations eager to invest in cryptocurrency should use Binance. Traders who want to earn from crypto trading pairs and over-the-counter trading should choose this exchange.
- Low trading fees
- More than 60 cryptocurrencies available.
- Dozens of crypto trading pairs
- Can earn staking rewards from different assets
- Not available in the US
- Non-transparent corporate structure
WazirX is one of India’s most popular crypto exchange platforms for Indian crypto investors. WazirX, which has a rapidly rising user base, provides more than 100 cryptocurrencies to trade, including its own WRX tokens.
- High-speed order execution
- Variety of cryptocurrencies and tokens
- Simple interface, suitable for novice traders
- No discounts for high trading volumes
- Overestimated commissions for individual assets